Welcome back, traveller!
I returned to Ultima Online after last playing in 2005 or so.
As of the time, I am writing this, I am still a
young player and have only been playing for 4 days
so far. Expect some inaccuracies or missing things on this page.
This page may need some updates, since I have heard, some things have changed, like new templates having been
made possible or added. On the other hand, I can gladly tell you, that the important
things seem to have stayed as they should. You will find yourself in pretty much the same game you loved
A few new things
Help channel and Global Chat
- I am using the classic client, so I can't tell, how these things work with the enhanced one.
- Someone told me, the classic client was not as good for fighting as the enhanced one. The new client
has hot bars and the inventory is a boring grid unlike the original backpack with its chaos.
- Help Channel: For a server wide chat, use the
, and type away.
- Global Chat is an alternative to ICQ or other external messengers.
It allows you to chat with people you add to a friends list and it works across all shards.
- The free account is rather limited; For example, you can't access locked containers in player's homes,
transferring pets is disabled, etc.
While it is totally possible to play with the free account (and it is still nice to do so),
you are likely to buy game time rather soon ;-)
- The free account has a weird bank box with a grid and an annoying menu.
When you pay for game time and you will get the normal bank box back.
- Allegedly, Atlantic is the most populated server and I am playing there now.
- Allegeddly, Bushido and Parrying cancel each other out, don't combine them.
Getting Noob Gear
It looks like it is pretty easy to come by nice starting equipment, just go to New Haven and ask around.
If you don't like begging, just wait until someone drops off stuff.
I have picked up a 100% LRC on the first day